Finding Best Tow Strap with Reviews in The Market
Tow straps have been in use for a long time, with many people not being able to differentiate between it and a kinetic strap. The tow strap's intended use is to tow a freely moving vehicle behind another one. With many polyester tow straps in the market, manufacturers can now custom make it suit your needs. They are used for wheel lifting, to secure vehicles onto trucks, pull up vehicles from ditches and to turn upright cars that have overturned. They are also efficiently helpful in pulling out cars stuck in the snow. It is also a good tool to have in case your car stalls on the road, or at home so that you get it to the repair shop.
** Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews by click in "Reviews" column, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.com.
What is a Tow Strap?
Tow straps are not kinetic straps. They have less to zero elasticity. They are ideal for static towing. The straps have a hook on each end to attach to both cars. Tow straps are not recommended for vehicle recovery purposes because they cannot stretch enough and they can also break easily.
A kinetic strap, on the other hand, is made of nylon/zinc material. This gives it the elasticity that is needed in recovery exercises. This elasticity generates kinetic energy that helps in recovery and minimizes the chances of a vehicle damaging further. A chain strap is also a good tool which is used for towing. Some say it is a safer because of the heavier it weighs and sturdy metal feel, but there is no difference between towing with a strap and a chain. They all work the same. The strap is much lighter though and would cause less damages in case the hook detach, and it comes back hurtling to you.
The straps are easier to use, but to ensure safety and success in your undertaking, there are a few pointers that you need to ensure before using it. Before using a tow strap:
- Check the hitch ball if it is tight enough and if the hitch coupler is locked.
- Ensure that the tires of the trailer are appropriately inflated. A heavy trailer should have extra pressure to the tow vehicle back tires.
- Ignoring the trailer wheel bearings will lead to failure. Bearings should be checked at least once yearly. How is it done? Place one side of the trailer on a jack. Hold the wheel with both hands to see if there is any play in the bearing. Finally, turn it using ears and fingers to see if the rotation is not smooth enough.
- Check to see if the trailer lights are functioning right.
- Tie your load down to prevent it from moving. If your straps have winch clinches, re-tighten after a few miles because they stretch after use, especially when they are new.
- Ensure that the hydraulic fluid is topped up and the brakes are functional.
See more about: Recovey Strap
Benefits of Using a Tow Strap
- Is much safer to use than a towing chain.
- Straps are much lighter, easier to use so that the operator uses his strap with less strain.
- Easily fit into thin spaces.
- They are good to use in various situations that a chain can fail like in recoveries where a chain can scratch the car or far worse break glass or cut into the vehicle.
Top 5 Best Tow Straps with Reviews in Market
SuperStrong Tow Strap
SuperStrong made this product with versatility and professionalism in mind. It can tow a car, a recreational or a utility vehicle. Whether it's just dragging it along the road or pulling it up from a ditch, this kit will not break. It is something you can count on for constant use or a perfect emergency tow strap.
This Tow Strap is 30 feet long and 4 inches wider. Made out of heavy-duty polyester fabric, it can take a beating with 7% webbing elongation factor and can pull up to 10,000 pounds without breaking. It is bright orange for easy visibility with reinforced loops to prevent abrasions to protect whatever you are towing. You also get a Velcro strap to secure your tow strap after using and rolling up so that you can store it safely. This product has been certified by CE & TUV and comes with a 30-day guarantee if you return it within those days following dissatisfaction.
- Has a sturdy feel and look
- The Velcro strap helps to keep it safe and in perfect condition.It is multipurpose, can be used on every car and for many purposes.
- Reliable, does not break when in use.
- Does not have negative comments or reviews.
USWAY GEAR Tow Strap
This 30 feet heavy duty tow strap has a 30,000 lbs. Rated capacity, with a 10,000 lbs. Working capacity. The strap has been stitched on both ends to guard against abrasion and withstand tension at the connection points. It has been made to withstand extreme weather conditions and made using moisture-resistant fabric to prevent frost damage up to -40° C and heat up to 100°C. This tow strap also features a mesh bag for proper storage. The strap also has protective sleeves on both ends for additional protection and durability.
Made of high tensile polyester fabric, the strap is tightly woven, to ensure durability, flexibility, and resistance to extreme weather conditions. The looped ends are further padded then strengthened to sustain tension at the connection points. A perfect multipurpose tool to suit all your towing needs. It can be used on the road, off-road, moving heavy equipment, trail wreckages or your own car to the repair shop.
- Flexible, heavy material and sturdy feel.
- Comes with a carrying bag.
- Quite affordable.
- Multipurpose tool.
- The carrying bag is not big enough to store the strap plus the other accessories (shackles, hooks).
- The storage bag is made of mesh.
Danslesbls Towing Strap Pro
The Danslesbis tow strap is 13 feet long, 2 inches wider and has 11,000 lbs. capacity. This tow strap comes with a storage bag and all other necessary accessories like shackles. It is made of high duty material that is non-abrasive and can work under extreme conditions. Webbing has been made thick for more strength, ideal for emergency purposes. The zipper storage/ carrying case is made of nylon/ plastic material.
This product has been made with versatility in mind. From pulling a car stuck in snow to moving a fallen tree to get your stalled car to the repair shop. This product also comes with a 1-year warranty of getting a replacement and a 1-year money-back guarantee for those who are completely dissatisfied with the product.
- Easy to use.
- Is multipurpose.
- The strap is tough and strong.
- Has a nice storing/ carrying case.
- Has safety hooks to prevent further damage for if the strap breaks.
- The strap is short.
- Cannot pull over long distances.
Faswin Heavy Duty Tow Strap
The Faswin tow strap features 2 inches wider and 20 feet long strap. This has a maximum pulling capacity of 10,000 lbs. and 2 safety, zinc- coated hooks on both ends. The strap is made of strong polyester made of dense weaving. It also easy to fasten and release.
Highly recommended for emergency purposes.
- Very strong and durable.
- The strap is tough and flexible.
- All the accessories and the tow strap are made of good quality materials.
- Easy to use.
- No negative reviews or comments present.
Davstrom Extra Heavy Duty Tow Strap
This tow strap is 3.5 inches wide and 30 feet long. It has a high workload capacity of 35,000 lbs. The strap is made compact with double layer for strength and durability. In addition, the package features a storage bag and a keeper strap to keep safe when not in use. It is best suitable to work in the harshest of conditions as it has been heating treated.
- The bag and Velcro strap makes it easy to store and carry.
- The strap ply is made of heavy duty material to ensure durability and strength.
- Tears easily.
Most tow straps are multipurpose and perform more or less the same function, but you need to get the perfect one to suit all your tow strap need for efficiency. The SuperStrong tow strap looks more convenient for emergency services. It is sturdy and strong. It also is long enough and wider to pull up a car that has fallen into a ditch. It has a bright color that it can be easily recognized in a dark place.
Danslesib's is alternatively a good tow strap to use for lighter tasks. It is a multipurpose strap that is strong and can withstand extreme weather conditions. The storage case is made from nylon and plastic and even more, is big enough to be able to carry the tow strap and the other accessories, namely shackles and hooks.
The Usway gear strap is treated to function within the -40°C to 100°C. Made of high-quality material, the safety hooks are further covered with zinc, and the strap is closely woven to ensure durability and toughness. This would be ideal for both emergency and all-purpose. It has been used mostly to pull out cars stuck in the snow.