The 7 Best Car Subwoofer In The Market Today
There are so many options out there when it comes to electronic car subwoofers. All the choices might lead to headaches from time spent not really knowing what to look for. But, have no fear. After you figure out what you need in car subwoofers, you will be fine. Below are the things that you need to consider before buying a subwoofer and the 7 best car subwoofers available for vehicle owners who are looking to make a really good investment.
** Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews by click in "Reviews" column, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Significance of Subwoofers
Before we begin to discuss the 7 best car subwoofers in the market today, let’s talk about some reasons why subwoofers are great for your vehicle. Having an audio system with a subwoofer is definitely a crucial element to have in your car for sound reproduction. A subwoofer adds great depth to your sound by inserting lower frequency sounds that most speakers can’t achieve on their own. Normal speakers will give you a standard sound, but subwoofers fill up the space to create surround sound at its finest. Sound great, right?
Now, let’s talk about car subwoofer frequencies. A typical subwoofer can pick-up frequencies as low as 10 Hz. Frequencies as low as these are usually unheard by the human ear, so anything lower is an unneeded commodity. Also, frequencies can be picked-up on a subwoofer as high as 1000 Hz. This results in a car audio system that is much fuller than before. Hearing a full depth of sound goes a long way in your audio experience, by getting a complete experience.
Usually, subwoofers are measured in sizes from 8 inches up to 60 inches. Subwoofers of the 8 inches to 10 inches variety will not produce bass as well as the 12 to 15 inch ones. 8 to 10 inch subwoofers are designed to add more depth to your vehicle, but they do not have features that add a “boomy” sound to your bass. Smaller subs are for lovers of music who don’t want their car to rattle at every stoplight on the road. Also, less box volume is needed for smaller subs, making these perfect for hatchbacks, SUVs, and mid-size sedans. If your vehicle fits in this category, you should consider these subwoofers.
If you want a bit more loudness and the “boomy” sound we mentioned earlier, then you might consider the 12-inch subwoofers. Your car will rattle more with these subs, as the sound will produce higher power handling than before. These subs are usually found in vehicles like pick-up trucks, luxury sedans, and full-sized SUVs. Consider these subs, if your vehicle fits into these categories.
Lastly, large subwoofers measure out at 15 inch to 18 inches. Other custom-sized subs are used primarily in a setting based on competition. These subs emphasize loudness and performance for sound purposes. Your car will definitely rattle, making stationary objects inside your vehicle, no longer stationary. With subwoofers like these, customization for your vehicle is mandatory. They are usually so big, that you will have to make some decisions on where and how to put these subs in. Ultimately, the bigger the subs you have, the bigger the box you will need to fit them in.
Car Subwoofers Are Not Created Equal
Subwoofers are made in only two modes: a powered type and a passive type. A powered type gets its power directed separately from the car audio system in use. In turn, a passive type of set-up has its power coming directly from the car audio itself. During the subwoofer installation set-up, they are put in box enclosures that are mounted in a suitable place within the car, like the trunk or an open hatchback area. Since subwoofers vary in size, it is best to research well before you make a decision. Online purchases are usually cheaper than going into a store, so go web browsing.
How Do I Set My Subwoofers Up?
Now, set-ups for subwoofers are not only placed in boxes, but also in a mounted tube format. In most cases, a sub will be connected with an amplifier to deliver power throughout your audio system. Make sure you know the significant requirements for power delivery for your amp. Without the right requirements, your subwoofers will not function properly. Lastly, subwoofers usually take up a lot of space in your vehicle, so be prepared to lose room to gain better sound throughout. If you do not have much room to share with a subwoofer, consider getting a smaller inch variety of subs.
After you have decided on how much you are willing to spend for your car’s subwoofer, buy the best one you can find in that money bracket. Also, if you can’t afford a branded one, then check for other options online or at retail outlets. A lot of bargains can be found at these places. You might even find a used brand of the subwoofer in great condition that could rival buying a brand new subwoofer with a poor quality. Some might say that subwoofers for cars are a luxury piece to have, but more and more, people are buying these necessary pieces for a great audio experience.
Now, let check over 7 best car subwoofer in market
7 Best Car Subwoofer Available
#1 - New KICKER COMPS 40CWS84 8" 400W Car Subwoofer Power Sub SVC 4 Ohm
If you are looking for one of the world’s best subwoofers, check out this Kicker brand for ultimate value. Budget wise, you might be in a similar ballpark that a lot of people are in, by looking for subwoofers that are under $100. Don’t freak! These subwoofers fit in that category.
- This subwoofer has the loudest bass.
- This product was durably created and designed with the car in mind.
- It has 360-degree bracing from the back that is rigid, with coil wires, and a vented pole piece to dissipate the heat.
- A strong steel basket holds the subwoofer together with extra ventilation for high strength.
- The subwoofers are double-stitched for toughness with great terminals that are spring loaded.
- One review mentioned that after a year, the surround foam insert gave out.
- Unfortunately, there is no replacement surround, so a whole new subwoofer would have to be purchased.
- So, this subwoofer has great sound, but when it breaks down, you will have to buy a completely new piece instead of a repair.
#2 - Pioneer TS-SW2502S4 10-Inch, 1.200 Watts Shallow-Mount Subwoofer
This subwoofer by Pioneer is a part of their Mount Series Subwoofers. With a resin cone that is mica-injected, the subwoofer holds up well over time. For this subwoofer, it has a power range that is 100 to 300 watts and peaks out at about 1,200 watts. Its frequency response ranges from 20 to 125 Hz and has a mounting depth at 3 and 1/8 inches. Other measurements you might need to be aware of include a seal box volume at 0.35 to 0.7 cubic feet and ported box volume ranging from 0.5 to 0.7 cubic feet
- This is a great subwoofer if you have tight space.
- They give out great boom to round out the lows and the high.
- If you are a fan of the rattling sound subwoofers get out, then these subs could be an option for you.
- With the brilliant sound that comes out clean and crisp, you will have plenty of drive from your subwoofers.
- You will never need to be concerned with your subs bottoming out because this brand gives out a punch that could make you want to stay with Pioneer for a lifetime.
- One thing that you might want to pay attention to involves the non-standard physical requirements. Normally, in most subwoofers, you will find these requirements listed on the box or on instructions inside. However, these subwoofers do not have them.
- If you are installing them yourself, it could be difficult to get a real measurement of the size of speakers since you try to figure it out on your own.
- This could lead to extra time spent on a product you thought would be an easy install.
#3 - Clarion Mobile Electronics WF2520D WF-Series Subwoofers
Check out these subwoofers made by Clarion Mobile Electronics. These powered subwoofers have a Class D amplifier at 300-Watts. With an electronic crossover that ranges from 50 to 120 Hz, you will garner great bass-boost and sensitivity. Both the subwoofer and passive radiator are decent size at 10-inches a piece. The variable Bass EQ has a wide range from +3db to -6db and the subwoofers even include a remote to vary your level of bass in the vehicle.
- These subwoofers will work great for you and give you enough bass to rock your trunk and rumble down the street.
- This subwoofer system is a workhorse.
- It lives up to expectations with its impressive design.
- Subwoofers like these give a very accurate and tight frequency that will give you the bottom-end sound you are looking for.
- If you were to ask around, Infinity will always come up because it has a long history of success in sound, and, more often than not, it has been dependable.
- Also, this product will not take up a lot of your car space (only about 1 square foot total).
- You will not have to get creative on how you will get these subwoofers into the car because they were made realistically with sound and car space in mind.
- There is a one-year warranty, but after that, the money will come out of your own pocket.
- Other companies might have more of a warranty than Infinity, so if that is a priority for you to find, then Infinity might not be the right product for you to consider.
#4 - Rockford Fosgate P3D4-12 Punch P3 DVC 4-Ohn 12-Inch 600-Watt RMS 1200-Watt Peak Subwoofer
These Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers are brilliantly made. Some features include a 2.5 inch Aluminum Voice Coil and a cone area that is increased. Rockford patented a system they call the Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST), which protects the subwoofer during every audio use. With a flex fit design, the subwoofers have some give, so the speakers do not blow as easily as others do. Subwoofers, like these, have a 1200 Watt Peak that is power rated. A manufacturer’s warranty that is limited to one year, gives all customers a chance to feel safe with this product.
- The punch these subwoofers give creates the best bass sound that is deep and clean.
- These subwoofers being a quality product would be an understatement.
- The money spent on these subwoofers will surprise you by how good they sound for what you paid for them.
- Rockford has learned from their past mistakes with subwoofers and continues to make a product that is certified and worthy of successful accolades.
- If you are on a budget, these subs will definitely fit into the necessary price range.
- The Rockford subs handle low outputs (27-33 Hz) quite well and they are head-turning loud with clarity that you will not miss.
- Rockford lacks in customer service.
- If a subwoofer is returned, there have been reports of used subwoofers that were sold in bad condition.
- This included missing screws or a lack of refurbishment.
- In these instances, the prices were not a bargain for consumers, and many people were left unhappy.
- To be safe, just buy new from Rockford, and do not deal with the customer service if you can help it.
#5 - Kicker 10C124 Comp 12-Inch Black Subwoofer 4 SVC
This Kicker 10C124 Subwoofer has some of the best value of the bunch. It has the loudest bass you will get with any subwoofer under $100 price range. Kicker has a state of the art heat dissipation system to keep your subwoofer cool as it booms music out into the car. A strong steel basket keeps the subwoofer in place, to protect it from moving around the cabin. This surrounded strength gives each subwoofer ultimate protection. It has a durable surround that will not burst under pressure, with spring-loaded terminals in the speaker. The bass you will hear might seem unreal to the human ear. But, music like Hip-Hop and Rock will play bass flawlessly in your vehicle.
- The sound will be clear and crisp, making everything in your vehicle sure to vibrate.
- The wattage for these subwoofers is 300 max watts and 150 RMS, making most any car audio system fantastic.
- Your bass will be so strong that you might even set-off car alarms as your roll down the street.
- The brand has issues with poor response time for the subs.
- Without a perfect response time, the subwoofers could sound distorted, and not work to the level you wanted.
- Make sure to check out all the details of wattage for the subs and your car to make sure they run to perfection.
- Unfortunately, this has made for some unhappy customers, as the subs had not worked like they expected.
#6 - SWS-15D4 - Alpine 15” Dual 4-Ohm 500W RMS Type-S Car Subwoofer
The Alpine 15” Subwoofers are amazing! These subwoofers have a reinforced cone made out of Kevlar, which is the same material that is used for bullet-proof vests in the military and police force. Alpine has a performance surround that they call “HAMR” giving ultimate protection to its subs. There is a progressive spider installed to keep the control of the subwoofers consistent and reliable. With a 7” top depth, you will be able to install this product simply and easily. If you choose Alpine Subwoofers, you will be pleasantly surprised by the sound.
Any music that is heavy metal sounding will be incredible in your vehicle. One thing you can try, if you own these subs, is to feel the pumping of the air, during an air-free stoppage. If you were to turn the subs on their side during this process, you would be able to feel the ventilation at work, cooling your subs and keeping them in great condition.
- It might sound even bigger than you expected.
- You will not need to sacrifice storage space to install these subs, making them an impressive product.
- The lows on this sub will hit hard.
- Some of these subwoofers are blowing, even when they have the appropriate wattage and ohms.
- This is a baffling issue because, more often than not, all the connections were confirmed to prove that the subs should have worked without blowing.
- If this is the case, the R series from Alpine could be a solution to try, since it can handle more power.
#7 - PYLE PLCHW15 15-Inch 3600 Watt DVC Subwoofer
These PYLE Subwoofers are some of the best on the market today. With a titanium injected cone made of polypropylene, subwoofers like these were made to last for a long time. They have a suspension that is made from big rubber so it will not tire over time. With a chrome-platted dome that is sealed in the basket by a magnet, the product was made to stand strong. Allen Key Bolts hold the subwoofer together ultimately. These 12-inch speakers have a peak power of 3,600 Watts. If you are looking for loud and proud subs, give PYLE a try.
The RMS for these subs is between 350 and 400 thereby giving you great flexibility and satisfaction with this product. The components of subwoofers are made in China and have great quality. However, the best parts of these subs are its cosmetics. Today, many patents are used over and over again, making products look too much alike. These subs are not like the others. They have a unique design that is one of a kind, making it a fantastic addition to your vehicle. The PYLE system has a great driver that is competitive to all other products out in the marketplace.
- These subwoofers sure to let out a loud sound.
- Be careful, or they might even give you a headache because of the booming sound.
- Currently, PYLE prides itself on these subs as their “gold standard.”
- Even after 2, 3, or 4 years, consumers are coming forward saying their subwoofers are still working at peak condition.
- Buying this product involves a lack of truth on their labeling.
- A consumer mentioned that they had 3,600 Watts in these subwoofers, but they blew ultimately because the wattage was labeled wrong.
- To be on the safe side, if you are looking to use these subwoofers, do not max them out, unless you have everything figured out enough to assure it won’t blow.
- Also, have a professional install your product to make for certain that this does not happen to you right after you buy the product.
After reviewing all these products, who is the clear winner? After much research and many reviews, the Rockford Fosgate Subwoofers are ranked the best for quality and sound. Rockford’s product is better at putting their product together than a company like PYLE. The deep bass sound is better in a Rockford than any of the two Kicker subs. Rockford Subwoofers can be professional installed or you can add them to boxes, to fit completely in your vehicle. Also, Rockford Subwoofers are great for most any vehicle at a size of 12 inches, which will give you a great sound but will also help you save some space.
With these advantages, you will be well on your way to hearing great subwoofer sound in your vehicle. However, a perfect subwoofer comes down to you, and what you need in your vehicle. So make a list of what you need, what you can spend, and get started on your subwoofer journey today.